Thank God for Small Mercies!

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

"It was great, Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah," said the son.

"So, tell me, what you learned from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us; they have friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.  Then his son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are."

This is the amazing power of perception. For a person, if a glass is half full.. another can deem it Half empty and that is a known fact!.

 I am very philosophical and on a typical day, you can mostly find me guiding others with their problems with solutions which if I apply with my life, My own life would be a lot better.

A lot of my friends, well wishers neighbors call me a happy go lucky person, with a very positive outlook of life. A person who can smile through any difficulty or any issue in life. A person who can work when he is sick.
and Most of all, A person to whom they can go to and find a solution to most of their problems. I have friends who tell me, my mere presence is very reassuring for them.

Recently, One of my friends had done some stupid error. She called me to find out where I was and then when I told her I was just downstairs, she completed the call without telling me what exactly the problem was. When I reached her desk, I reprimanded her for making me worry sick, She tells me " When I got to know you are around, My problem didnot look like a problem at all" and that's why she disconnected.

I have a lot of people coming up to me and telling me, If you are not around, it is going to be very difficult for us to stay. Infact, If I leave early one day, the next day I can find a lot of unanswered pings :)..

I am really amazed. I know, the picture I painted above, will make me come out as some kind of a guiding star who has a solution for all the problems in this world..

But Honestly, I really dont know for which qualities of mine, people look up to me.. I am neither a role model, nor a high performer, nor authorized to provide solutions. I am just another employee in a large organization with lots of her own problems and confusions..

Yet, people perceive me as some kind of a visionary whose mere presence can solve most of their problems.. :)... Funny, you say!.. I say too myself!..

Now why I am self praising you say!.. No, I am not even attempting that.. Sincerely, Although it feels good that I have impacted so many peoples' life atleast in a small way.. I am as confused as a school boy to actually comprehend why?

All I do, is lend a shoulder to anyone who wants to cry, May be look up for some information that they want and give it to them, or even, guide them to the right person who can help them. That is all!..

Why I am writing this.. Strange, but I would soon be leaving this assignment moving on in life.. When the news got circulated within the project, I got loads of pings from people asking me not to leave the project..

I sincerely thank God for giving me this opportunity to be of some use to people around me.It has been a wonderful experience in this assignment..

Honestly, More than 80% of what I know today, I have learnt from just this assignment.

But anyways, this post was not a thank you letter or a farewell note.

This was on perception!.. and as much as I say, people perceive me as some kind of a visionary.. I myself feel like a lost child!..
The irony is that, Although I might be of so much help(!!!, I dont think so) to people, I myself feel, I need help most of the time. I am searching for a suitable mentor, who can guide me, who can mentor me..

and If I dont find one soon, Who knows what is going to happen of me!...

Regards,
Nicky!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A boon called Daughter!

And They Live Happily Ever After!

A Scary Number called Age!!!